Choosing a crystal for yourself or others
Quite a few people ask me ‘How do I go about choosing a crystal?’
I’ve experienced a few different ways, all very powerful and meaningful as I move forward on the spiritual/mystical journey.
Crystals are beautiful and unusual to look at, even before you consider the energetic approach and think of using them for crystal healing.
Crystals are important in energy work and energy healing – choosing a crystal for yourself is self-care
If you are drawn to working with crystals, then they will start appearing as if by magic!
Either through gifting, synchronicity or seeing the perfect crystal in a store you ‘just happened’ to walk past, you will become a crystal owner.
In one store in Belgium, I walked into a store with a friend and saw several rainbow obsidian pendants in a cabinet. As I bent over for a closer look one of the pendants started to spin and quiver, causing the assistant in the store some consternation – neither of us were touching the cabinet! That was the crystal for me. I’ve worn it for many years, especially to keep me grounded when working with groups.
Signs to look out for when choosing a crystal
Here are some suggested ways to go about choosing a crystal
- Meditate and ask for the image of a crystal you are supposed to have either for yourself or a friend
- Walk by a crystal store and ‘fling’ your gaze in the window, often the first crystal you look at is the one for you
- If the crystal is for healing purposes either for yourself or another – think of the illness or malady and then write down a list of crystals you think may help – you can always check out your intuitions by looking up the details in a book or online! You’ll learn a lot and be even more intrigued about the world of crystals, I guarantee it.
- If gifting a crystal (e.g. choosing a crystal for a friend), ask which crystal from your collection would be the right one. I’ve had immediate visual images using this technique, although sometimes it’s been hard to let the crystal go, I trust my inner guidance 🙂
- Sometimes a crystal or rock will simply make itself known when you are out walking in nature – I have several like this too.
Working with crystals – some recommended resources
Here’s some recommended reading to get you started with the world of crystal work and crystal healing.
Please vote for my blog if you liked this article (all you have to do to vote is click on the link below). Thanks and Namaste!
Sign up for Free Energetics Updates below. Bi-monthly emails from my Online Practice at New World Energetics and spiritually healthy giveaways. It’s free!