I was recently offered the chance to review this new Gaiam TV service and I really like the concept. As a Mom On A Spiritual Journey, apart from my spiritual book habit I also have a spiritual movie and spiritual app habit too! 🙂
What I like about Gaiam TV is that some deep thought has gone into what spiritual, metaphysical and wellness seekers are interested in pursuing.
This deep thought has manifested into a service which offers the best in fitness workout videos, wellness practices such as yoga and pilates and the latest releases in inspirational movies and TV from the metaphysical and spiritual frame.
What this amounts to with Gaiam TV is a new mindful TV service available on your PC, laptop, iPhone or iPad for less per month than the price of a DVD.
Gaiam TV subject areas and navigation
OK so I know I am a geek – but geek or non-geek – the Gaiam TV website is easy to navigate and use, and it looks like Gaiam TV plan to expand more services over time (including access to the service via Android phones, Roku® Streaming Player and the Samsung Smart TV – listed as coming soon on their devices page).
At this stage, you can choose from the following menus which take you to vast selections and choices (400 hours or so of fitness and wellness videos are available on Gaiam TV, let alone anything else).
- Yoga Studio – pages of choices from Vinayasa Flow Yoga, weight loss yoga, even kids yoga!
- Fitness Studio – Jillian Michaels’ work is there, plus everything from toning through to kickboxing and Pilates
- Wellness Center – love this, sharing information about natural solutions to health challenges including stress relief strategies, even relief from foot pain.
- Films & TV – Favorites of mine, such as Conversations with God, through to I Am, which I have been meaning to watch for a while
- Spirituality – framed as Personal Development, Philosophy and Religion – head off into Guides and Gurus and the Evolution of Consciousness!
- Metaphysics – framed as the Conscious Journey and Hidden Knowledge –
- Explorations – framed as Art and Culture, Science and Technology, Travel and Adventure…Feng Shui or Spirit Walk with the Aborigines?
- Environment – learning about Nature and Sustainability
- Vintage Library – past footage from Deepak Chopra, Gregg Braden and Doreen Virtue to name a few
Hooray! I even found some vintage footage listed from Dr. Lewis Mehl-Madrona (Coyote Medicine), a book about healing from the American Indian Shamanic perspective that I’ve treasured for a long time.
Gaiam TV is a great gift for Christmas for your spiritually minded friends – or a great New Year’s resolution for you!
If you sign up with Gaiam TV, the first 10 days are a free trial, once you do sign up the monthly fee is $9.95, there is no commitment and you can cancel at any time.
They also offer a gift card link on the Gaiam TV site so if you have a friend or family member who has expressed an interest in focused wellness, from yoga videos to workout videos then this site offers a great way to sample a large number of videos without committing to buying the DVDs.
This means that they can experience which practitioners and approaches suit them best…and it might work for the rest of us too…should we find ourselves needing to cleanse and clean up somewhat after the Christmas holiday season.
Now I’m off to download the Gaiam TV Apple iPhone App so that I can access the service when the girls are at swim club.
I use that time to read, meditate and relax (nice warm swim club in the cold Kansas winter climate). Now perhaps I can use my Gaiam TV service to watch a little mindful tv too!
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated with something of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.