Stay Grounded on the Spiritual Journey | 3 Simple Ways to stay grounded
These days a lot of people talk about staying grounded…but what is it, really?
I know I’m grounded when I…
- make good decisions and make them easily
- have a clear mind
- my body feels good (and I’m in my body as opposed to being ‘in my head’ or elsewhere!).
I took this picture when out walking the dog…connecting with nature always helps me to feel more grounded and present.
When am I ungrounded, how do I know?
I’m ungrounded when I…
- can’t stay focused or create things easily
- trip easily or bump into things
- don’t pay attention to how my body feels.
(I would also add…when I’m in Toys ‘R Us – cause the lighting in there blows my mind!). 🙂
The Spiritual Practice of returning to ground, staying grounded
There are many ways to come back to ground in our own awareness. I like to keep it simple, though.
Recently, when exchanging an Akashic Records Reading with another student on a course, I was asking for guidance about some body issues including low back pain.
The answer came back, “roll in the dirt!” I’d also seen what I think is a rattlesnake a few days before this reading, having never seen one before in this area (lived here 5 years). In the American Indian healing tradition, if rattlesnakes are seen then a healing may occur.
The message came back from that “The rattlesnake is only venemous when it leaves the ground to strike…stay on the ground!”
Since then I’ve been outside more and laid on the ground as instructed. My low back is improving…then my youngest daughter bested me by rolling in a bag of mulch she was spreading! She had such a great time and came into the house with sparkling eyes. My turn!
3 Simple Ways to Stay Grounded
- Walk barefoot on the ground once a day. (Without snakes around though!).
- Sit and meditate outside, or take a walk.
- Learn more about your Root Chakra and learn to connect with it using energy work.
I’d love to hear about your favorite ways to stay grounded.
Sign up for Free Energetics Updates below. Bi-monthly emails from my Online Practice at New World Energetics and spiritually healthy giveaways. It’s free!