Psychic Medium John Edward
John Edward is an internationally acclaimed psychic medium who has practiced his art for over 25 years now. He became more widely known in the USA when he was invited to participate in two internationally syndicated television shows, Crossing Over With John Edward and John Edward Cross Country.
He gives psychic mediumship readings to large groups of people around the USA and has also travelled to Europe and Australia. This week he gave a reading to Anderson Cooper, yes, THE Anderson Cooper. Here’s the link to the reading.
Why do people go to see a psychic medium like John Edward?
I think people go to see psychic mediums like John Edward because it helps them deal with their grief, simply put.
One of John’s key points is that we all need to “Communicate, Validate and Appreciate” (with) our loved ones while they are here and clear any issues we can with them, so that we don’t need to go and see somebody like him once our loved ones have passed away!
I bought this book because I admire John Edward’s work and I wanted to learn more about his techniques and approaches – plus – I am having an increasing number of ‘energetic’ experiences and am looking for answers from more experienced practitioners.
And finally, last year my mother and one of my best friends passed over within a few weeks of each other and a number of ‘happenings’ occurred which made me think differently about death and the afterlife. To read more about my experiences during the week my mother passed away, read this post – Finding meaning on the spiritual journey through grief.
What really surprised me about this book is how much psychic mediumship is all about energy and using energy work. I heard John Edward saying this when I watched the readings on tv, but reading the book really brought it home in a big way.
He includes some great tools in the book which would work for anyone interested in their own Personal Energy Practice, and makes it very clear that the book is NOT designed for those people who just want to go and ‘do’ psychic mediumship readings. Here are some of the energetic tools I’m finding really interesting and useful.
- Psychic self-defense and energy field clearing
- Working with the principle of Love over Fear
- Ego work
- The concept of ‘smelly energy’ and why some energies make us so uncomfortable!
- Some really good reasons why we need to be in a positive energetic frame and keep away from negative people and negative energies.
- Explanation and recommended use of some great metaphysical tools, such as astrology, tarot and numerology.
John Edward’s live events – my ‘moving seat’ experience in Wichita, KS March 2011
I attended a group event with John Edward in March of this year in Wichita, Kansas. I won’t go into any details of the group reading because John asks people to keep the details of the readings ‘in the room’ – but I will share that he is a masterful public speaker and energy worker, very funny, very warm and he himself uses the word ‘harsh’.
The meaning I took from that is that he is very direct and clear about what he is doing, and he refuses to let people flap around and not connect to the energy of the reading that they are having. (Very professional, actually). And while many of the readings were emotional and moving, we all laughed – A LOT.
What was funny about the evening for me on the personal level was that
- I’m afraid of heights and I was sitting in the ‘the angels’ in the Orpheum in Wichita, which is right up the back and VERY sloping
- I sat in the wrong seat TWICE and had to keep moving around in this sloping environment (as an energy worker I was finding the energy before the event distracting, let alone during)
- I got up to help a woman to her seat because she had a bad foot
- Finally found my ‘correct’ (ticketed) seat one row below this woman
- The ONE PERSON I knew was coming to this reading and her mum sat next to said woman with bad foot
- Woman offered to let me swap seats so I could sit next to my friend and her mom! 🙂
Then a few weeks later I bought this video John Edward: Australia Spot On
from the Infinite Quest website and found that this experience of sitting next to person you are supposed to be with at the reading is pretty common! (Two brothers sat one behind the other and didn’t even notice until they were having their reading).
John Edward and Infinite Quest – Resources and Links
John Edward created a new website to help people develop psychic intuition and other resources also. Here are the links and information.
Infinite Quest Website http://www.infinitequest.com