Are you a medium? How to know
Mediums are becoming more well-known
The awareness about mediums and mediumship is becoming more widespread through the advent of television programs and social media.
Well-known psychic mediums are becoming more popular as people begin to understand the healing nature of a mediumship reading.
Some examples of modern mediums are Tyler Henry, Lisa Williams, Theresa Caputo and John Edward.
If you are thinking of having a medium-ship reading for yourself, it’s important to understand what makes a good medium.
Mediums will often tell you they are very different and will have felt this for a long time, probably from childhood.
How to know if you are a medium?
You will have been born with this gift, and it may have been passed down your family line.
It’s possible that through trauma or family pressure you have stuffed or blocked your mediumship gift. This means that some people become ‘awakened mediums’ later in life.
This was very much my experience.
From a young age, I was aware of energies around me, atmospheres in houses, and a feeling of being watched even when I was on my own, but I didn’t have the language or the courage to explain that anybody.
I just thought everyone must be walking around with these strange experiences happening all around them, and not saying anything!
At night I would see a series of faces appear in front me, somewhat like a slideshow. My dreams were very real and lucid. Sometimes I was visited in dreams by strange beings who would share information with me.
Finally, a persistent being would be standing by my bed every morning that I woke up, wrapped in dark robes and looking rather menacing. I didn’t like that very much.
Have you been visited by Loved Ones?
Perhaps you have had the experience of energy around you when a Loved One has passed.
Here are some examples.
- Seeing the Loved One standing in front of you, looking somewhat see-through, and you have your eyes open.
- Smelling the Loved One’s perfume, or another scent you associate with them, such as tobacco.
- Receiving a personal sign from the Loved One, such as seeing a butterfly at an unusual time of year, a favorite animal, or a piece of music playing on the radio.
- Hearing the Loved One’s voice saying something to you, from one side or the other.
- Having a powerful flashback or memory related to the Loved One that seems to ‘pop in’ rather than actively thinking about it.
- Being aware of a cold feeling and then sensing that your Loved One is standing nearby.
Being visited by Loved Ones in this way may happen for many people as they grieve
It doesn’t necessarily mean that you are a medium, however.
If you are a medium you will know. Here’s a checklist to help you to be quite sure.
- You have always been sensitive to atmospheres in houses and around people,
- You may have had premonitions about people becoming unwell, even passing away.
- If you enter a house, hotel, or any other building, you will very soon be aware if spirits are present by the way that you feel.
- Your falling asleep and waking time feels like a train station with all the spiritual visitors – until you get it under control, that is!
- You regularly see open-eyed visions of Loved Ones who have passed (clairvoyance).
- Often you will hear or see messages from your Loved Ones that make total sense to you, but just seem like odd coincidences to others until explained.
- Messages from other people’s Loved Ones often come in as if from nowhere, and they are persistent about you passing these messages on. It may seem nuts to you, and you may resist doing so initially!
- You have an insistent being, such as a guide, who appears regularly to you either through clairvoyance (vision), clairaudience (sound) or through thoughts (claircognizance) or feelings and emotions (clairsentience).
- Loved Ones visit you out of their bodies even before they have passed.
- When you sit with a Loved One who is passing, you can connect with those who are returning to help the Loved One pass over.
What to do if you think you are a medium
One of the best ways to develop your gifts is to join a weekly medium-ship circle. You can regularly sit with others who are working on their medium-ship online or in a local group and practice working with energy for a while.
In this way, you will learn what field of medium-ship might suit you best, if you want to develop your gifts fully.
If you are happier just knowing that you are really OK, and this is just something you can do, that’s OK too! At least you will have some peace from all the wondering and thinking about the strange experiences you have had up until now.
Sarah is an Intuitive Coach and Akashic Records Reader. You can download the brochure listing all 12 Readings she offers, and contact her here at the Client Portal.
Have you ever thought about improving your intuition? I had quite a few people suggest the idea over time, and I have found some very useful ways to improve my intuition. Intuitive growth is definitely one of the most interesting parts of the spiritual journey. Read on!
I recently read Tyler Henry’s book, Between Two Worlds. Tyler is a young and talented medium – only 21 – raised in Hanford, CA and now finding himself Hollywood’s go-to medium in LA. His accuracy during readings and his ability to make sense of the way energy is received from those who have passed on is masterful. For anyone wanting to learn how to connect with Loved Ones or simply to learn more about the phenomenon of mediumship, this book is a must.
Perhaps you think you may be psychic but are not quite sure? Here are 4 signs that you may be able to check off your list – how to know if you are psychic!
The Eldridge Hotel in Lawrence KS – in my experience it is a haunted hotel! Stay there and want a peaceful nights’ sleep, steer clear of the 5th floor. Here’s my story, cold spots, voices and all.
Grieving can be very hard and not something we are trained or taught to deal with on an everyday basis…yet it pretty much happens to everybody on the Spiritual Journey…we lose someone.My developing intuition has been a big help on my Journey – with experiences of spirits and relatives connecting with me and mine through the veil most powerfully when my mum became ill.Recently I heard about Doreen Virtue’s and James Van Praagh’s Talking to Heaven mediumship cards…and immediately thought I’d like to try them.
Interested in creating success on your spiritual journey? Awaken your Akashic Records, develop your intuition, experience growth and abundance!
A difficult time for our family when my brother and I moved my mum into hospice turned into a spiritually enlightening situation for me.
John Edward Psychic Medium teaches Wichita audience about energy by Sarah at Mom On a Spiritual Journey
John Edward Psychic Medium in Wichita teaches us about energy If you’re not familiar with John Edward, IMHO he’s one of the top psychic mediums on the planet. He’s spent many years perfecting his craft and finding methods of reading for clients which allow him to clearly validate the spiritual connection without ‘front-loading’ the person…
What I do when I’m missing my mum | Grief as a process and moving on through it | by Mom On A Spiritual Journey
Grief – what I do when I’m missing my mum Last month was the 2nd anniversary of my mum’s passing. This blog is inspired by her, and you can read more about the story of her passing here. One of her dearest and best friends who now lives in Australia sent me a very loving…
Karen Noe’s first book – Through the Eyes of Another – A Medium’s Guide to Creating Heaven on Earth – published by Hay House leads us to consider the concept of having our life review before we leave, pass on or transition.
More complex than seeing your life flash before your eyes, a life review can be an opportunity to learn from your life lessons and discover why certain people or situations were in your life in the first place.
It can manifest as a movie that you watch, or as a series of meetings with people in your life who discuss their reasons for being with you this time around.
If you have an elderly relative who has angiodysplasia or an immune-compromised system then this post might be useful.
I promised my mum that I’d share more about the work I’ve been studying for the last 16 years or so – and this blog is part of that.
Wishing any readers the best on their spiritual journey and grief journeys and thanks for listening.