What is an investigative medium?
How to know if you might be an investigative medium
I had a very unusual dream two nights ago. I was in a room with many people I know from this life. Someone else was also there in spirit. This was a person who had passed from a violent ending (someone had murdered her).
It was a younger person. The energy showed itself in the dream as a glowing energy field and a sense of coldness around my shoulders.
If a disembodied spirit visits us, often we can feel a chill. Sometimes the hairs rise up at the back of our neck or shoulders. This is because people in spirit form need to take chi or energy from somewhere, and it’s often from us!
That’s sometimes the reason why visits can cause battery drains and flickering lights. Electricity is a good source of energy for spirits to become more solid energetically. They need energy to be able to communicate with us.
What is an investigative medium?
Mediums of this type are able to connect with the energy surrounding a crime. They can also work with the energy of a person who has passed, or even a kidnapped person in some cases. They can work with law enforcement to help rescue people or solve a crime.
For a medium to be able to assist the police, they will be skilled in one or more of these areas:-
- Remote viewing – being able to connect with locations through geographical reference, or photos of a location.
- Psychometry – being able to read information from objects by touch that may relate to useful clues. These clues can be things found at the crime scene or related to a missing person, for example
- Energy work and clairsentience (clear feeling) – being able to connect and read energy kinesthetically from a subject, so that all the senses are involved. This would be like seeing, hearing, feeling and sensing emotions or occurrences, as if the medium was that person.
- Receiving information through dreams. For some investigative mediums (Allison Dubois included), often Dreamtime enables spirits to connect and transmit important messages.
- Being able to access the Akashic Records (this is in my opinion!). Mediums may not always realize it, but they may often tap into the energetic data stream that is an individual’s Akashic Records. This is how investigative mediums can sometimes relay a series of events that happened before or after a crime occurred.
I believe that mediums are born and not made. We can all increase our intuitive skills through practice, but to date, most clients I have worked with who are mediums have a very clear marker in their energy field. I can feel or sense it when I read for them.
I don’t know if the ability comes down to genetics, but it is often an awareness or ability passed down through a family line. Maybe one day we will find a genetic marker for mediumship!
I also agree with the term ‘awakening medium’. This is often a person who has always had mediumship abilities but has blocked them from manifesting or growing at a certain point in life, often during the teenage years.
It’s hard enough being on the spiritual journey, without having to deal with visits from spirit as a person is focused on growing and maturing.
Once the person is older, the ‘whispers’ from spirit keep growing, and finally, that person may decide to embrace their mediumship gifts.
Two different mediumship experiences
Since I was a child I have been aware of energies that are not ‘me’. I often hearing message or sense things that have happened in locations or houses.
Hotels and hospitals attract a lot of different energies, so these are often places where spirit energy can be sensed by a medium.
(Trigger warning). 2. A few years ago I decided to embrace my gift more fully and receive some mediumship training. About halfway through the 6-week course, I had a dream which related to a disembodied spirit visiting me and trying to communicate.
Often when spirits contact us this way, the only way they know how to communicate is to show us how they passed away. Sometimes we may experience the method of their passing.
In this case, I dreamed that a doctor in a white coat had drugged me and was trying to strangle me. I felt woozy and was also struggling, I stood up (in the dream) and felt like I was spinning around.
Immediately I woke up and had to take a drink of water. I also felt pain in my neck for a short while. This was quite intense as you might imagine. I shared the dream with my teacher and she suggested I communicate with the spirit during the day.
Later I did so and received a name and some information about the spirit in question. After research on the internet, I found that this person had died under mysterious circumstances. The reason for his death is still not public knowledge today.
Being an investigative medium can be tough, but rewarding
So far, I have only contributed insights to one group of mediums who work together to help locate missing persons.
Anyone working in this field will find the work difficult and emotionally draining, but rewarding.
I hope this clarifies an aspect of mediumship that is becoming more accepted in the crime-solving community.