Oh shift! Spiritual books and how they can rock your world | My first big shift from reading a spiritual book by Mom On A Spiritual Journey
Oh shift! Spiritual books and how they can change you
I read it…get a BIG result…get scared…put it down for a while and then when I’m finally ready to swallow the contents, pick it up again.
This definitely happened when I read How to Read the Akashic Records by Linda Howe.
I just felt that something ‘big’ was going to happen and I wasn’t quite sure if I was ready for it. (In that case, I ended up becoming an Akashic Records reader).
My first experience of shift-ing after reading a Spiritual Text
The first experience of this that I can clearly remember is reading this book Mastery: Path of Inner Alchemy by Zulma Reyo (1994-04-28).
Fact is, it really does do what it says on the cover, I just wasn’t ready for it at the time!
On a business trip, decided to take Mastery: The Path of Inner Alchemy with me
It was actually my first ever trip through the new ‘Chunnel’ (Channel Tunnel connecting the UK and France under the English Channel).
I traveled on through to Belgium to give some computer business training the next day, and checked into a hotel.
Decided to give myself a little light reading. It was in a period of my life I now call ‘weekend spirituality’
I went to every spiritual workshop under the sun, wore every T-shirt, but took it off again on Monday morning when it was time to pick up my suitcase and go to work.
I knew I was on a journey but I wasn’t ready to come out about it at the time.
The part that really hit me about Mastery: The Path of Inner Alchemy was a small innocuous chapter called The Violet Flame Shaking Practice – Zulma says in the book that this method was inspired by a Rajneesh practice.
I had read a little about St Germaine and the healing powers of the Violet Flame visualizations, so I was curious and decided to try the meditation.
It’s more of a practice than a meditation. After focusing and achieving stillness, you shake and move the body in particular order whilst also visualizing violet flames moving through the body.
So I relaxed, focused and stilled myself. Then got up and started the movements.
45 minutes later, I was still moving involuntarily around the hotel room freeing my body.
I decided to stop!
Over time I have continued to work with this practice…but recently had fallen off using it – until just about 3 days ago Zulma Reyo followed me on Twitter out of the blue.
Oh. Now the way I think about the world, I tend to take this as a sign
Whilst chatting about this on Facebook and Twitter with some other soul-centric friends, Monica Wilcox at FemmeTales.com tweeted me and said “Books that alter your life in mere words are rare. Most need to be actively applied or merely provoke thoughts…”Out on Limb by Shirley Maclaine was the first one I experienced that with. How about you?”
I thought that was a great question and my immediate reply was that I thought about 8 books had really impacted me that way (and I’ve read a lot of books!).
My top eight reads of all time
- Mastery: The Path of Inner Alchemy by Zulma Reyo as discussed above (out of print currently, could only find the German version on Amazon – let me know if anyone else finds a good link).
- Louise Hay: You Can Heal Your Life Louise’s book has always been a huge confirmation for me about how energy works. More about Using Affirmations here.
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose (Oprah’s Book Club, Selection 61) Ekhart Tolle (learning about the pain body – had a powerful experience of being attacked by someone elses pain body immediately after reading this).
- How to Hear Your Angels by Doreen Virtue. Well, I’ve started hearing them and working with them. This book began the process for me.
- The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield. At last. Somebody who was ready to tell the truth about how people use energy for positive and negative outcomes.
- The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived by Lee Carroll (see more here) So glad the official psychic at the ARE (Association of Research and Enlightenment) told me about this book when I was pregnant with Callie, my first.
- Coyote Medicine: Lessons from Native American Healing My first real introduction to the concept of Shamanic work and how powerful a healing tool it can be.
- Little Book on EMF by Lina Esposito. I read this book as part of my EMF Balancing Technique® training and was deeply moved by Lina’s account of giving EMF Sessions to her terminally ill father. Little did I know at the time that the book would prove inspirational for me when my mother was sick and I gave her sessions to help her transition too.
I would love to hear your top 8 (or whatever number) of books that gave you that Oh Shift! feeling.