Are you having a spiritual awakening?
I often have people contact me after reading a blog post on this site or finding my site at New World Energetics.
They are having a Spiritual Awakening…they may not use those words, IMHO that is what is happening.
What is a Spiritual Awakening?
There are many definitions and lists out there on the Internet.
My personal list of definitions to date amount to one or more of these listed below
- Life is not working for me the way it is currently
- I feel like there is a ‘hole’ in my life, or my soul
- Sometimes I feel completely lost and without purpose inside (although no-one else can tell, I just carry on functioning)
- At other times I feel full of grace or happiness that just seems to have flowed in from an external source somehow
- All of a sudden I cannot bear to eat certain types of meat
- I am having these crazy dreams that are so clear and lucid I could be awake
- In that moment between asleep and awake I hear disembodied voices or music, or see sparkles of light or floating visions in my room
- I am having premonitions that often come true, sometimes immediately, sometimes within a week or two
- I am beginning to notice things about other people that I was either blocking or was previously unaware were happening
- I see, feel, hear or sense messages about other people that I don’t even know personally when I am out in public places
- I am connecting more deeply with animals
- I am beginning to get connected with my Soul Purpose – or I know I have one – I just want to know what it is!!
Then you may be having a spiritual awakening!
I believe I’ve had several spiritual awakenings in my life….many that i ignored, put off — and some that I put down to an illness…when the illness was actually a symptom of spiritual awakening!
I like Dr Brené Brown’s account of this from her book Daring Greatly…
In 2007, Dr. Brené Brown was researching and writing about living a wholehearted life when she realized for the first time she wasn’t walking the walk.
The realization landed her in intensive therapy, where she began to recognize it as a
Breakdown or Spiritual Awakening?
I had something approaching a breakdown in my late 20s, when I realized I wasn’t working in the right profession and my closest personal relationship was not right for me. This manifested as a feeling of depression and helplessness and I took the medical route…going to see my doctor and a psychotherapist for stress issues.
A few years later the same thing happened, even though I had changed my job (which I thought must be the issue and was doing very well financially).
Finally I began to feel more empowered as I became an independent business person and moved away from a troubled relationship.
There are still times when I struggle (since we are all on a journey) – yet my basic happiness is so much greater since I have accepted that I am a spiritual being having a human experience.
How has going through a spiritual awakening manifested for you in your life?
Sign up for Free Energetics Updates below. Bi-monthly emails from my Online Practice at New World Energetics and spiritually healthy giveaways. It’s free!