Clairaudience, or Clear Hearing – the Inner Voice
Clairaudience, or ‘Clear Hearing’ – some definitions of the inner voice or intuition
Clairaudience is a term that defines our ability to hear the inner voice or higher guidance from the spiritual perspective.
I’m quite highly clairaudient and have had many experiences of hearing that still, small voice. I have clairaudient experiences a lot during the readings that I give.
Clairaudience or hearing voices is not something that’s particularly socially acceptable to discuss in Western society, however!
If messages are positive and inspirational – that is how you know you are listening through your clairaudience.
It’s the nature of the voice that is important to define.
An inner voice that berates or brings you down? That is most likely your internal dialogue, affected by programming in younger life. A voice that tells you to do bad things is NOT your inner guidance through clairaudience.
An inner voice that saves your bacon if you paid attention IS clairaudience.
Perhaps you received information that helped you avoid a sticky situation?
Or maybe you heard information that assisted you in the creation of a positive idea?
These are both examples of clairaudience or your inner guidance.
Some examples of clairaudience – has this happened to you?
In Doreen Virtue’s recent book The Angel Therapy Handbook, she lists an excellent short guide to Clairaudience or Clear Hearing.
Upon awakening, you hear your name called by a disembodied voice.
- Out of nowhere, you detect a strain of beautiful, celestial-sounding music.
- You hear a song repeatedly, either in your head or on the radio.
- There’s a loud, shrill ringing noise in one ear.
- You overhear a conversation in which a stranger says the exact thing you need to hear (clairaudience + synchronicity).
- There is a moment when you just ‘happen’ to turn on the television or radio exactly when a relevant discussion is occurring.
- You pick up on a loved one’s call for help, and it turns out that he or she needed assistance just then.
- A disembodied voice gives you a warning or a life-enhancing message.
- You’re looking for a lost item, you pray for assistance, and then you hear a voice tell you where to locate it.
What I particularly like about these examples from Doreen Virtue is that they demonstrate clairaudience in ways that are not so commonly discussed.
Perhaps you have found a way in this list that demonstrates the experience of clairaudience in your life?
Some of my experiences of clairaudience
In my experience the voice heard may sound like your own, or nothing like yours at all. Sometimes you may hear an opposite gender voice.
I’ve received messages during clairaudience from…
- A voice that sounds exactly like my own.
- Hearing a man’s voice (once upon awakening in my house with only my children at home, I clearly heard a man’s voice say “She needs to read the book!“. I wish he could have told me which one – there are so many!). Update – October 2013 – it was the ‘book of life’ – my Akashic Records!
- Warnings from a voice that could have been male or female, which I felt was from an angel or guide. At the time I received one of these messages, I was in the middle of something completely unconnected. The voice gave me full instructions to carry out a particular task. I even argued with the voice in my head! The response came back – “Do this now, you need to protect your family!” The voice turned out to be completely right.
- During a kinesiology session for a friend, I heard helpful information. I now understand that this particular voice comes from a Spirit Guide, who helps me to suggest homeopathic remedies and essential oils for clients.
Learn more about the different Clairs – how to grow your intuition or Higher Self
I offer a series of 3 online Coaching Sessions where I will help you develop your intuition.
We all have unique intuitive patterns which combine one or many of these Clairs, or Intuitive Channels. How each of us does this is as individual as our energy patterns.
I also combine this approach with Howard Gardner’s theory of the 8 intelligences and Edgar Cayce’s study of intuition, or the Higher Self.
With these Coaching Classes, you’ll get to find out more about how you learn, too!
I’d love to hear other people’s stories of clairaudience!
Sarah is an Intuitive Coach and Akashic Records Reader. You can download the brochure listing all 12 Readings she offers, and contact her here at the Client Portal.