Developing your Intuition – Clairaudience, or ‘Clear Hearing’ | The inner voice and some ways to hear it
Clairaudience, or ‘Clear Hearing’ – some definitions of the inner voice or intuition
Clairaudience is a term that defines our ability to hear the inner voice or higher guidance from the spiritual perspective.
I’m quite highly clairaudient and have had many experiences of hearing that ‘still, small voice’.
Clairaudience or hearing voices not something that’s particularly socially acceptable to discuss in Western society though…since there is a perception that listening to the inner voice is a sign of imbalance or perhaps even mental illness.
It’s the nature of the voice that is important to define.
An inner voice that berates or brings you down, or simply tells you to do ‘bad things’ is most likely NOT your inner guidance, clairaudience, or higher guidance from angels and other types of guides.
An inner voice that ‘saves your bacon’ if you paid attention, or helped you avoid a sticky situation, or assisted in the formulation of a positive idea, is most likely clairaudience or your inner guidance.
Some examples of clairaudience – has this happened to you?
In Doreen Virtue’s recent book The Angel Therapy Handbook she lists an excellent short guide to Clairaudience, or Clear Hearing.
- Upon awakening, you hear your name called by a disembodied voice.
- Out of nowhere, you detect a strain of beautiful, celestial-sounding music.
- You hear a song repeatedly, either in your head or on the radio.
- There’s a loud, shrill ringing noise in one ear.
- You overhear a conversation in which a stranger says the exact thing you need to hear (clairaudience + synchronicity).
- You just ‘happen’ to turn on the television or radio at the precise moment when a relevant discussion is occurring.
- You pick up on a loved one’s call for help, and it turns out that he or she needed assistance just then.
- A disembodied voice gives you a warning or a life-enhancing message.
- You’re looking for a lost item, you pray for assistance, and then you hear a voice tell you where to locate it.
What I particularly like about these examples from Doreen Virtue is that they demonstrate clairaudience in ways that are not so commonly discussed. You may find a way here that demonstrates the experience of clairaudience in your life.
Some of my experiences of clairaudience
In my experience the voice heard may sound like your own, or nothing like yours at all, and sometimes an opposite gender voice.
I’ve received messages during clairaudience from…
- a voice that sounds exactly like my own (thought to be your own soul, or higher self, speaking)
- A man’s voice (once upon awakening in my house with only my children at home, I clearly heard a man’s voice say “She needs to read the book!”. I wish he could have told me which one – there are so many!). Update – October 2013 – it was the ‘book of life’ – my Akashic Records! Read more here…>>>
- A warning voice which could have been male or female, which I felt was from an angel or guide…I was in the middle of something completely unconnected and got full instructions to carry out a particular task. I even argued with the voice in my head, but it said: “Do this now, you need to protect your family!” And the voice was right.
- A voice during a kinesiology session I was giving a friend. This particular voice comes from a now regular guide, who helps me to suggest homeopathic remedies and essential oils for clients.
Are you interested in learning more about the different ‘clairs’ and where your intuitive strengths may lie?
If you’re interested in learning more about clairaudience or any of the other ‘clairs’, I offer online sessions where I will connect with your Personal Energy Field and help you clarify your intuitive gifts. We all have unique intuitive patterns which combine one or many of the clairs and our expression of this is as individual as our energy.
I’d love to hear other people’s stories of clairaudience or any of the other ‘clairs’. Feel free to visit my client portal if you are interested in a reading or a course.